Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <Ar...@intervoice.com> on 2005/10/20 16:59:41 UTC

request problem in the struts portlets

Hello,

I'm having a major problem here...most probably it is something that
someone has run into. I have taken my struts webapp and broken it into
JSR168 portlets (Each view page with some parameters). I have aligned
all of them in a menu and then I navigate between these pages. There is
one page that appears as Create/Update....both are defined with separate
parameters in portlet.xml. So each time the link is clicked the relevant
parameters are passed in the request to that same page.

The problem is here (I will try my best to explain):

1)       Navigate to the create link and input some values.

2)       Then navigate to the update link and input some values and
submit.

3)       Navigate back to the create link and it seems as if has not got
the parameters it needs...because some create related display items do
not show up as they should. Basically it does not behave like a page
that has been navigated into the first time. This seems as if somehow
the request was not a new one when the link was clicked...it lost it's
state. Almost seems like some caching of request going on.

PLEASE PLEASE any pointers anyone. Is there a configuration parameter
somewhere that I need to look at? This is a big problem currently.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Regards,

Archana

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all attachments.

RE: request problem in the struts portlets

Posted by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com>.
I am not a champion yet so I could be wrong. But here is what I feel could
have happened.

- You go to create page
- You do some stuff (which ultimately transfers to making some requests to
the server)
- Now each request should be a 2 step process - One is an ActionRequest and
then second is a RenderRequest. (In struts this is done by having atleast
one forward with redirect=true).
- So it is going to remember whatever is the "last renderRequest" and not
the renderRequest that you declared in the portlet.xml with the "viewPage"
parameter.

I dont know if this is what you are talking about so if it is not relevant,
please ignore !

HTH,
Amit