Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Zhirong Tong <to...@ptteng.com> on 2020/07/13 12:15:38 UTC

Connecting external video source in 5.0.0-M4

Hi Maxim,

Here I would need to connect external video.  There is a ExternalVideo.md file which clarify correct ffmpeg command for testing  and Sending video from external camera on Linux.    But somehow it says "Please NOTE: this functionality is not yet implemented in 5.0.x”.
So this is not possible in 5.0.0-M4, is it?  What if I do need to connect external video, Is there a way?

Best Regards.

Re: Connecting external video source in 5.0.0-M4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Everything is correct
External video is not yet implemented for 5.0.x
Hopefully I will have time for this after upcoming 5.0.0 release

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Connecting external video source in 5.0.0-M4

Posted by Zhirong Tong <to...@ptteng.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Zhirong,

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Connecting external video source in 5.0.0-M4

Posted by Zhirong Tong <to...@ptteng.com>.
Hi Maxim,

I know that openmeetings  uses API functions of Media Server for Remoting and Streaming (Red5 or Kurento).
Currently users stream video directly through web browser, so, is there a way for video being streamed right through original Android apps instead of web browser with API in openmeetings?