Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul J. Lucas" <pa...@mac.com> on 2001/03/15 00:58:54 UTC

Broken readdir

Back on 11 Dec 2000, Richard Dice <rd...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Here's something that myself and my sysadmin guy have been working on for a
> bit: opendir appears to be broken for us on a new Apache/mod_perl
> installation.
>
> We've tried checking out the mailing list archives but nothing jumpped out at
> us along these lines.

	(See http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/landchoigrerm/3A352150.9C5BE114@pobox.com)

	I am having the same problem and looked at all the follow-ups
	but nobody ever gave him an answer that solved the problem.

	readdir() works just fine in a stand-alone Perl script and as
	an ordinary CGI, but returns zero-length strings under
	mod_perl.  Interestingly, glob() works.

	Data: Perl 5.6.0, Apache 1.3.17, mod_perl 1.24_01, Linux 2.2.14
	i686, libc 2.2.

	I have another box where everything is the same except: Linux
	2.2.17 ppc, libc 2.1 and the code works fine.

	Any ideas why readdir is broken only under mod_perl?

	- Paul