Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by NabbleSometimesSucks <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/14 18:20:03 UTC

I am so almost there. REST and other web apps

OK, so now that I have my login/logout SessionCache all working in our
auth-server. I have some very basic pages to do that all within one web
application.

Now I need to use the auth-server as REST for login/logout etc in other web
applications and also in Vert.x Socket based applications. For the socket
part that is easy as we have a REST api to get an access token from the
auth-server and use it.

But for another web site/application should I just have JQuery make the REST
calls to the auth-server for login/logout all AJAX based, or should it be
that I load in all the Shiro classes and my custom Shiro classes and act as
if it is standalone website having its own Login Controller sharing the
Cache implementation?

I am going to first try the latter, as we want the auth-server to be the
central Authentication server for all our apps.

Thanks for help with our design here.

Mark