Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 15:14:54 UTC

Need Permission to commit feature branch for Pull Request SOLR-8146

Hello,

I created a feature branch for SOLR-8146 that i can submit a pull request
(PR) for review. While pushing the feature branch i am getting below error.
My github id is susheel2777@gmail.com

Thanks,

Susheel

lucene-solr git:(SOLR-8146) git push origin SOLR-8146

Username for 'https://github.com': susheel2777@gmail.com

Password for 'https://susheel2777@gmail.com@github.com':

remote: Permission to apache/lucene-solr.git denied to sushil2777.

Re: Need Permission to commit feature branch for Pull Request SOLR-8146

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

You need to create the feature branch in your own fork of the project, not in a clone of apache/lucene-solr.
Please see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Working_with_GitHub <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Working_with_GitHub>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com