Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2004/11/24 08:18:06 UTC

Next release candidate

Just looking for quick input.  Most of the patches floating
out there should now be committed.  We need to address the
double-loading of aspnetmount's.  And load any .NET version
by explicit name (e.g. even the 2.0 beta versions, whichever,
by their version and signature.)

Other than coming up with those two patches, can anyone point
at some patch I've missed before I throw together the next
candidate?

Bill

RE: Next release candidate

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 02:06 AM 11/24/2004, Yussef Alkhamrichi wrote:
>>Just looking for quick input.  Most of the patches floating
>>out there should now be committed.  We need to address the
>>double-loading of aspnetmount's.  And load any .NET version
>>by explicit name (e.g. even the 2.0 beta versions, whichever,
>>by their version and signature.)
>>
>>Other than coming up with those two patches, can anyone point
>>at some patch I've missed before I throw together the next
>>candidate?
>
>Those are the only two major points I can come up with right now so I'm fine with these.
>
>One small question: I've never been following OSS release procedures so closely, will the next release candidate be a tagged version of the trunk? I'm asking this because I wanted to know if the Server String decoration commited in revision 106107 will be in this next release candidate, this would surely be nice :)

I intend to grab all changes to cvs HEAD.  If anyone hollers,
we can back out one or two changes between the candidate, and
the final release tarball, if any patch introduced a regression.

Bill

RE: Next release candidate

Posted by Yussef Alkhamrichi <ya...@hotmail.com>.
>Just looking for quick input.  Most of the patches floating
>out there should now be committed.  We need to address the
>double-loading of aspnetmount's.  And load any .NET version
>by explicit name (e.g. even the 2.0 beta versions, whichever,
>by their version and signature.)
>
>Other than coming up with those two patches, can anyone point
>at some patch I've missed before I throw together the next
>candidate?

Those are the only two major points I can come up with right now so I'm fine
with these.

One small question: I've never been following OSS release procedures so
closely, will the next release candidate be a tagged version of the trunk?
I'm asking this because I wanted to know if the Server String decoration
commited in revision 106107 will be in this next release candidate, this
would surely be nice :)

Yussef

http://messenger.msn.nl/