Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/22 18:22:35 UTC

Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Hi guys,

the JIRA list has been cleared, we just have 5 remaining issues so far :

Bug  DIRMINA-539    NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the TrafficClass
value set to his DatagramSessionConfig
Impr DIRMINA-682    We need a better documentation for the
ExecutorFilter [was :Writing more than one message will block until the
                    MessageReceived as been fully proceced]
Impr DIRMINA-593    Javadoc & documentation for
org/apache/mina/filter/reqres
Task DIRMINA-477    Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x
Task DIRMINA-708    Unbound thread growth on discovery attempts :
Improve documentation

With one bug ony, and not even a bug I think we will fix, my opinion is
that we are ready for a release.

Should I postpone all those issues to a newly created 2.0.0-GA version
and launch a vote ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> the JIRA list has been cleared, we just have 5 remaining issues so far :
>>

>> Bug  DIRMINA-539    NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the TrafficClass
>> value set to his DatagramSessionConfig
>> Impr DIRMINA-682    We need a better documentation for the ExecutorFilter
>> [was :Writing more than one message will block until the
>>                   MessageReceived as been fully proceced]
>> Impr DIRMINA-593    Javadoc & documentation for
>> org/apache/mina/filter/reqres
>> Task DIRMINA-477    Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x
>> Task DIRMINA-708    Unbound thread growth on discovery attempts : Improve
>> documentation
>>
>> With one bug ony, and not even a bug I think we will fix, my opinion is that
>> we are ready for a release.
>
> JIRA looks a lot lot better. Thanks to Emm :-)
>
> we have 7 issue that are unscheduled
>
> B       DIRMINA-737     StateMachine deadlock on StateContext synchronization
> B       DIRMINA-683     APR transport on FreeBSD throwing Exceptions
> B       DIRMINA-738     Using IoEventQueueThrottler with a WriteRequestFilter
> can lead to hangs
> F       DIRMINA-705     Transport for unix local sockets based on APR
> B       DIRMINA-379     setKeepAlive/setTcpNoDelay and exceptions in Windows Vista
> I       DIRMINA-758     APR code needs unit tests
> B       DIRMINA-724     getScheduledWriteMessages not zero after all sessions closed
>
> Lets park them somewhere and remove unscheduled issues.
>
> Regarding DIRMINA 593 - I thought there was an app attached with this
> or some other JIRA which used ReqRes filter.
> I am having a hard time finding it out. Anyone has a clue, about that
> attachment?

Got it. The example was with DIRMINA 92. Will look into and try to
work the details out.

thanks
ashish

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Makes sense to me.  Let loose the Kraken!

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Julien Vermillard
<jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> IMO it's  dot zero ready, the main effort is on the website and all the
> PR stuff implying the 2.0 release.
> it would be a shame to release 2.0 without good announcement and an
> updated/cleaned website.

Sorry ! didn't get much :-(

Can we list down what all we need to do like cleanup and other stuff,
so that its easy.

One thing I can think off is moving out the 1.0 documentation to achieve.

Sorry for the dumb question :-)

Posted by Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr>.
deep purple one is very cool :)
 Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Julien Vermillard a écrit :

> For the content we need to remove all the 1.X references and I would
> like to provide much more visibility to sub-projects (a bit like on
> directory.apache.org).

We should also keep some pointer to 1.0 somewhere.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:04:28 +0530,
Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> > http://mina.apache.org/mina2/
> >
> > If you can't wait a few hours that the mirrors get updated, you can
> > ook at it using a proxy :
> > 140.211.11.10:80
> >
> > There is no content yet, just a new design taken from ADS.
> >
> > If you don't like the deep purple (shame on you ! The best 70's
> > band !) header, I have a dark grey one.
> >
> > Just let me now.
>
> Its looks cool... Now its time for the content.. :-)

IMO the purple is perfect with the dark colors of the logo

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

> fussy point: should the copyright include 2010?
Changed. It will be 2010 now.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
On Jan 25, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

> Hi,
> IMO it's  dot zero ready, the main effort is on the website and all the
> PR stuff implying the 2.0 release.
> it would be a shame to release 2.0 without good announcement and an
> updated/cleaned website.

So lets do that ;-)

Jeff

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi,

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
> May I ask why this must be a RC2?  I think the 2.0 series has gone on a long
> time and its ok to release a 2.0 version.  Thats why we can release 2.0.1,
> etc.  Also... folks have issues with 2.0 release because the dot oh have
> negative connotations.  IMHO, lets get a real 2.0 out and start working on
> bug fixes.

+1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Jeff Genender a écrit :
> May I ask why this must be a RC2?  I think the 2.0 series has gone on
> a long time and its ok to release a 2.0 version.  Thats why we can
> release 2.0.1, etc.  Also... folks have issues with 2.0 release
> because the dot oh have negative connotations.  IMHO, lets get a real
> 2.0 out and start working on bug fixes.
>
> I think we should get out a nice 2.0 and one of the guys can blast it
> to TSS, etc to show we are moving along again.

Hmm, ok, I think it's a decent choice at this point. Let's get a 2.0.0
oiy, see what happens in the wide, and get ready to quickly fix the code
if necessarY.

I like the idea.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.