Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 11:36:28 UTC

Python messaging test suite (qpid.tests.messaging) - running against the swigged CPP client

Hi all,

It is possible to run the Python messaging test suite
(qpid.tests.messaging) against the swigged CPP client?

I have looked at the code, and I think the answer is currently no.  I
see one test script (qpid/tests/messaging/message.py) that can use
either the pure python implementation or swigged client
(qpid_messaging) if QPID_USE_SWIG_CLIENT is set, but the remainder
seem to have a direct dependency on qpid.messaging.* (i.e. the pure
python impl).

I ask because I hope to interoperability test the Java Broker's AMQP
1.0 support with the Cpp client + Proton and the messaging tests
seemed at first glance to be an attractive option.

Does the Python messaging test suite have this ability? If not, is
there an alternative test suite?

btw. I am already building proton, cpp and am able to run the
qpid_tests.broker_1_0.* tests against the Java Broker's AMQP 1.0
implementation.

cheers Keith

Re: Python messaging test suite (qpid.tests.messaging) - running against the swigged CPP client

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 10:36 +0100, Keith W wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It is possible to run the Python messaging test suite
> (qpid.tests.messaging) against the swigged CPP client?

My guess is "yes but you'll probably have to fix a few snags".

I got the HA tests running with both pure & swigged clients, check
out qpid/cpp/src/tests/ha_tests.py.  I think at the time I aspired to
push that back to more general tests (e.g. qpid.tests.messaging) and
never got to it. There are a couple of differences between the swig &
native client that affect HA in particular (search for "swig" in the HA
tests) where I had to force use of native client, but that's mostly
because I'm doing something unusual for the HA tests. The HA tests have
code for loading/detecting swig vs. native clients that can/should be
moved into a more general area of the test framework.

Good luck, shout if I can help with pointers.