Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Hampel, Michael" <mi...@siemens.com> on 2008/09/29 13:00:03 UTC

Problem with bindex/generation of repository.xml

Hello,

today I ran into a problem when generating my repository.xml with
bindex:
Spring-core has a manifest entry:
org.eclipse.core.runtime;resolution:=optional;common=split

Bindex will generate the following <require> entry:

<require extend='false'
filter='(&amp;(package=org.eclipse.core.runtime)(version&gt;=0.0.0)(comm
on=split)(mandatory:&lt;*common))'
   multiple='false' name='package' optional='true'>
   Import package org.eclipse.core.runtime
</require>

The problem is the

mandatory:&lt;*common

entry - this will cause an org.osgi.framework.InvalidSyntaxException in
the org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FilterImpl class for the
mandatory: input.

Why does bindex add this attribute and what does it stand for?

Thanx in advance for any help,

Michael

Re: AW: AW: Problem with bindex/generation of repository.xml

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
Well, they call it age :-) It gets even worse after you get children ...

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
They are definitely in RFC 112 ... and  it has your name on it :-)

 From RFC 112:

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.