Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Ken Weiner <kw...@unicon.net> on 2004/04/12 20:49:19 UTC

Use of WSRP Service Description WSDL

I see that you can modify the consumer's list of producers by adding a
new XML file that specifies the URL's for the producers.

In Oracle's implementation of WSRP, the consumer requires only one URL
to be configured: a WSRP Service Description WSDL similar to this sample
listed on Oasis's web page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_service.wsdl

The content of this WSDL contains the URL's for each of the WSRP
services (WSRPBaseService, WSRPServiceDescriptionService,
WSRPRegistrationService, WSRPPortletManagementService).

Can WSRP4J behave the same way?  Should WSRP4J consumers be able to read
such a WSDL file?  Should WSRP4J producers produce such a WSDL file for
the consumption of other consumers?

-Ken

====
This message and any attachments are confidential. Unauthorized use
or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited, and this message
must be destroyed immediately if received by an unauthorized recipient.
====

Re: Use of WSRP Service Description WSDL

Posted by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org>.
Ken Weiner wrote:

> I see that you can modify the consumer's list of producers by adding a
> new XML file that specifies the URL's for the producers.
>
> In Oracle's implementation of WSRP, the consumer requires only one URL
> to be configured: a WSRP Service Description WSDL similar to this
> sample listed on Oasis's web page:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_service.wsdl
>

> The content of this WSDL contains the URL's for each of the WSRP
> services (WSRPBaseService, WSRPServiceDescriptionService,
> WSRPRegistrationService, WSRPPortletManagementService).
>
> Can WSRP4J behave the same way?  Should WSRP4J consumers be able to
> read such a WSDL file?  Should WSRP4J producers produce such a WSDL
> file for the consumption of other consumers?

Yes, you're right.
The property files on the conusmer side are still relicts from a very
early implementation. We need to change the code to parse the wsdl
instead of manually adding these to the property files.
For the producer side you already provide a single service wsdl.
Currently it needs to be edited manually, we could think of a servlet
generating it on the fly.
We need volunteer to implement that.

cheers
Richard