Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us> on 2002/12/21 02:57:06 UTC

mod_jk...again

When I try to build mod_jk from the source contained in
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.12-src.tar, the process breaks before it
gets started.

I am following the instructions on John Turner's how-to page, but when I
run the configure script, it breaks at ltconfig---I get an error message
that says a host type must be specified when the --no-verify flag is used.

But running ltconfig --help shows no parameter for specifying host type,
and the command is run from the configure script anyway.

Can anyone tell me what's going on, and more importantly how do I
correct it?

Here's the output when I run configure; the path to apxs is correct, and
JAVA_HOME points to a valid Java 1.4 JDK:

[jford@gizmo native]$ ./configure
--with-apxs=../../../apache_1.3.27/bin/apxs --with-java-home=$JAVA_HOME
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
[jford@gizmo native]$