Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinivas Chinthalapudi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/15 04:57:03 UTC

Axis2 vs Spring webservice

My last application had Axis2 web service and used contract last approach.
We had a new requirement for creating a web service and I used Spring Web
service. A discussion came up in the meeting that why use Spring WS when we
already have the required Axis2 libraries to create new web service. I was
convincing my team because Spring has Contract first approach which is the
best way of creating and all other best points mention in the chapter 2 of
the documentation.

But their point was Axis 2 also has contract first.

I would really appreciate anyone since I am really new to web services and
still learning what is the difference between Axis 2 and Spring WS. I like
an elaborate answer for our better understanding.

Thanks in advance.