Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Dario Liberman <ve...@ineba.net> on 2003/02/27 17:13:22 UTC

DVSL

Hi all,

has anyone used DVSL?

Can I use it in a servlet ? I mean, is it thread safe?

I am planning to have a main DVSL transformer for all my pages, so to give
them the final look&feel, and be able to work with custom HTML tags.

The view layer will be composed of:
    1. Velocity execution of a vm file   - Instead of outputting it directly
to the response, I will capture it in a string.
    2. build an XML Dom.
    3. Execute a DVSL transformation with output to the response.

The context, velocity instance, and alike, used in the face 1, should be
reused in the face 3.
Can it be done freely?

different calls should reuse the instance so that a cached parsed tree is
used both at 1 and 3.

Thanks,
Dario.

Re: DVSL

Posted by Jeff Schnitzer <je...@infohazard.org>.
DVSL works fine for this (although I don't know what the performance
characteristics are).  You might want to look at Maverick - we have
a DVSL transform that does exactly what you are describing.

http://mav.sourceforge.net

Jeff Schnitzer
jeff@infohazard.org