Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com> on 2010/02/02 02:11:32 UTC

Split shipment feature is gone on current 9.04 checkout screen(s)

The subject says it all...I'll submit a JIRA...if it really is missing.

FYI - this was never on the "Quick Checkout" form and only available on
the multi-form checkout. Now that the multiple form checkout is gone
(replaced by another single form checkout called "One Page Checkout") so
is this feature. Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Ruth

Re: Split shipment feature is gone on current 9.04 checkout screen(s)

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
On Feb 2, 2010, at 1:13 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> David:
>
> Are you being serious? "What's wrong with that?" This isn't about checkout flows...or deployment "options". This is about functionality (or rather links to process flows) that has been taken off the main demo page and buried down at least another level of navigation.

That's a totally different topic. Where in your message did you mention anything like this, and what made you think that is what I was responding to?

I was responding to your statement: "There shouldn't be 3 different checkout flows." That seemed to be the main theme of your message.

As for burying the links, I agree. It's pretty lame and bad design and really annoying. Chances are somebody with little experience made this change to the mini cart and nobody really cared to review it or do anything about it. Now we have complaints, but will anyone do anything about it...

-David

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
David:

Are you being serious? "What's wrong with that?" This isn't about
checkout flows...or deployment "options". This is about functionality
(or rather links to process flows) that has been taken off the main demo
page and buried down at least another level of navigation. How is anyone

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Ruth,

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Scott Gray wrote:
> Hi Ruth,
>
> I don't have a 9.04 installation setup locally to test this (and the demo is still down I think) but split shipments and the multipage checkout are certainly still available in the trunk OOTB.  Add anything to the cart, and then either click on Checkout in the Cart Summary on the right column or otherwise click on View Cart and click on Checkout on the top of the page.

git branch local0904 remotes/release09.04
git checkout local0904
git add
git commit
git svn rebase

That's how to do work using git locally, to a remote svn branch.

Re: Split shipment feature is gone on current 9.04 checkout screen(s)

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Ruth,

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Rishi: