Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rahul Bindlish <ra...@nectechnologies.in> on 2014/12/11 07:06:15 UTC

parquet file not loading (spark v 1.1.0)

Hi,

I have created a parquet-file from case-class using "saveAsParquetFile"
Then try to reload using "parquetFile" but it fails.

Sample code is attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rahul

rahul@...
sample_parquet.sample_parquet
<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/file/n20618/sample_parquet.sample_parquet>

Re: parquet file not loading (spark v 1.1.0)

Posted by Muhammad Ahsan <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi
It worked for me like this. Just define the case class outside of any class
to write to parquet format successfully. I am using Spark version 1.1.1.

case class person(id: Int, name: String, fathername: String, officeid: Int)
object Program {
    def main (args: Array[String]) {

        val conf: SparkConf = new
SparkConf().setAppName("Test").setMaster("local")
        val sc: SparkContext = new SparkContext(conf)

        val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sc)
        import sqlContext.createSchemaRDD
        val baseperson: RDD[Array[String]] =
sc.textFile("/home/ahsan/Desktop/1.csv").flatMap(line =>
line.split("\n")).map(_.split(","))
        val x: RDD[person] = baseperson.map(p =>
person(p(0).asInstanceOf[Int], p(1).asInstanceOf[String],
p(2).asInstanceOf[String], p(3).asInstanceOf[Int]))
        x.saveAsParquetFile("/home/ahsan/Desktop/pqt")

    }
}