Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Derry, Stanton" <St...@digitalinsight.com> on 2014/03/18 00:06:56 UTC

HTTPS Failing with 2.11, 2.9, and 2.8

Attempting to record our test site with Jmeter which fails in the versions listed above.  Configuration of system running Jmeter and jmeter test plan is:

  *   Mac 10.9.2
  *   Java
     *   Java version "1.7.0_51"
     *   Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
     *   Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
  *   Firefox 27.0.1
  *   Jmeter 2.11 r1554548
     *   Test Plan
        *   Thread Group
           *   HTTP Cache Manager, Clear cache
           *   HTTP Cookie Manager, Clare cookies, Compatibility, HC4CookieHandler
           *   HTTP Header Manager, No headers defined
           *   View Results
           *   User Defined Variables
              *   Server – domain being recorded
              *   UserId – Userid used during recording
        *   HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
           *   Port 8080
           *   HTTPS Domains: domains used by test site
           *   Target Controller: Thread Group, Capture Headers, Regex
           *   HTTP Sampler:  HttpClient4, Follow Redirects, Use KeepAlive
           *   URL Patterns to include: none
           *   URL Patterns to exclude: none

  *   Start Jmeter, Start recorder, message displayed about crt being created
  *   Start Firefox, set proxy settings, access web site, have a recorded http request in thread group
  *    Displayed in browser window: java.net.UnknownHostException: <domainname>: nodename nor servname provided, or not known … at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:236)
  *   Reset Firefox to no proxy, stop jmeter test script recorder
  *   Accessing web site is successful, login page is fully displayed
  *   Reset Firefox to proxy, restart script recorder, have a recorded http request in thread group
  *   Displayed in browser window: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints … at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:236)

This site uses ajax, redirects, and akamai for static resources. My prior email outlined the requests in Jmeter and Charles Proxy.

What needs to be done to handle the SSLHandshakeException. I can add hosts to my /etc/hosts and hopefully resolve the UnknownHostException, although without the Jmeter proxy in the middle Firefox is able to find all the hosts requested.

Look forward to replies.

Thanks,
Stan

Full Stack traces  both exceptions displayed:

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.tdspsol.com: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

        at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
        at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:901)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1293)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1246)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1162)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1098)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SystemDefaultDnsResolver.resolve(SystemDefaultDnsResolver.java:45)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.resolveHostname(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:278)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:162)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:294)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:643)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:479)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.executeRequest(HTTPHC4Impl.java:481)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:298)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1105)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:236)

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1884)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:276)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:270)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1341)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:153)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:868)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:804)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1016)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1312)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1339)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1323)
        at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:436)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:180)
[...]
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints
        at sun.security.ssl.AbstractTrustManagerWrapper.checkAlgorithmConstraints(SSLContextImpl.java:946)
        at sun.security.ssl.AbstractTrustManagerWrapper.checkAdditionalTrust(SSLContextImpl.java:872)
        at sun.security.ssl.AbstractTrustManagerWrapper.checkServerTrusted(SSLContextImpl.java:814)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1323)
        ... 19 more

Re: HTTPS Failing with 2.11, 2.9, and 2.8

Posted by Gunjan Garge <gu...@persistent.co.in>.
Try setting proxy in firefox to ip address instead of "localhost", if it is the case.

Also try after setting JAVA HOME and PATH variable in the jmeter.sh.

Regards,
Gunjan Garge
Sent from my iPhone

> On 18-Mar-2014, at 7:48 am, "Derry, Stanton" <St...@digitalinsight.com> wrote:
>
> We have two test sites. Accessing the second site the browser displays:
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to
> algorithm constraints
>
> And there is one HTTP request record that being the login page for the
> first site.
>
> Stan
>
>> On 3/17/14, 5:30 PM, "sebb" <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 17 March 2014 23:06, Derry, Stanton <St...@digitalinsight.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Attempting to record our test site with Jmeter which fails in the
>>> versions listed above.  Configuration of system running Jmeter and
>>> jmeter test plan is:
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> What happens if you use the same settings to record a different HTTPS
>> site?
>>
>> It would be useful to know if this appears to be a general problem or
>> just a problem with some websites.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: HTTPS Failing with 2.11, 2.9, and 2.8

Posted by "Derry, Stanton" <St...@digitalinsight.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
I had the same issue a few days ago and maybe HC4 and HC3 have issues
dealing with SSL Handshakes when using a Proxy.
I changed "Type" field in HTTP Proxy Server and "Implementation" field in
HTTP Request Defaults to Java.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14149545/java-security-cert-certificateexception-certificates-does-not-conform-to-algori
http://www.richardnichols.net/2012/08/arrrggh-java-security-cert-certificateexception-certificates-does-not-conform-to-algorithm-constraints/

: