Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2013/02/26 18:24:02 UTC

Need help with SDK development

Hi,

I could use some help on the practical side of SDK development.

Context: I'm trying to create a new namespace in the SDK, in which
I'll develop the VanillaSDK JS-compatible components and their JS
counter parts.

Set up: I have cloned the 4.9 branch in my whiteboard. I have added a
'project' to the 'frameworks/projects' directory and duplicated as
many of the namespace specific settings as I could find (they're all
over the place ;-)). Now, when I run the main 'build.xml', I get a
nice .swc for the new namespace, with all the components present. So,
I must've done something right.

Question: how do I work on the new components, without having to run
the main 'build.xml' for the SDK for every change I make and want to
test. The main build takes about 5 min. on my machine, and this makes
for inconvenient development. How do the 'real' SDK developers handle
this?

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Need help with SDK development

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Another way would be to add the new project's src directory as a source
path to your test project.  And then cut a .swc only when you really have
to.

If you have to run ant everytime, you could hook it up as  "External
Tool..."  in Flash Builder.  Then it is only click away to compile the
changes you just made.

Thanks
Om