Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in> on 2013/03/16 07:38:24 UTC

Pig newbie Questions.

1. How to display the column names in pig in a console.

2. When using dump, can we just get the top 10 rows rather than all other rows.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sai

Re: Pig newbie Questions.

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Thanks Konstatin.
When using something like this:
        limit myRelation 10;
Is it possible to for the headers/column names to be displayed along with the top 10 rows.
Thanks
Sai

2. Use ILLUSTRATE *relation_name* - that way you'll get a random row.

Re: Pig newbie Questions.

Posted by Konstantin Zaytsev <ka...@gmail.com>.