Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2019/04/30 14:39:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next Phoenix 5.x release (was "Board report due in ~1 week")

Let's leave the other thread for the board report, please. I've changed
the subject as such.

Thanks for volunteering to be RM.

I'm of the opinion that we should just update to the latest HBase 2.0.x
line. The compatibility assertions from HBase should make this a no-op
for us to change versions. There are arguments, however, in both ways
that we should use the earliest, non-breaking version of HBase.

As the RM, it is your prerogative to tell everyone else how you are
tracking it :). Figure out what fixVersion you're using on Jira, and
then either manage the list of open issues in there yourself, or push
out issues and have folks put issues back in which they feel must be
included.

Since this is your first time, I would prioritize an rc0 ASAP so that
you can get comfortable with the process (even if we know that there are
other fixes which must be made before the final release).

Re: [DISCUSS] Next Phoenix 5.x release (was "Board report due in ~1 week")

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
I'd say we update to HBase-2.0.3 as that is the latest, known-good
version. Of course, I thought the same of that for 2.0.5 up until a week
or two ago :)

Let's get a branch made and check it out.

Posted by Jaanai Zhang <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaanai Zhang <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com.INVALID>.
+1 to this approach.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Boado <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd like to include the cdh version within the release but I have a few IT
failing in branch 5.x-cdh6 .   Any help would be really appreciated.

Is 'MutableIndexSplitForwardScanIT' failing for you guys in 'master' branch?

Thanks!

--
Un saludo.
Pedro Boado.