Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 14:11:45 UTC

hadoop file system browser

hello
is there any utility to browse hadoop fs?
Best Regards,
-C.B.

Re: hadoop file system browser

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can solve the bottleneck by starting a webdav server on each
client. But this would include the burden to manage the servers etc. and
it may not be the intended use case for webdav. But we can further
discuss the architecture in the relevant issue.

Posted by Alban Chevignard <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Ted Dunning wrote:
> Wouldn't it work to just load balance a small farm of webdav servers?  That
> would be better from a security point of view as well.

I think one should just run the webdav proxy locally whereever one needs
webdav-based access, then always connect to localhost.  The namenode
host and port could be the first component of the path that's exposed to
webdav clients.

Doug

Re: hadoop file system browser

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>.
With very minor changes it works with 0.15.2, read only.

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>

Re: hadoop file system browser

Posted by Pete Wyckoff <pw...@facebook.com>.
Another note is we implemented the trash feature in fuse. This could be
turned on and off with ioctl. We also don¹t allow removal of certain
directories which again can be configured with ioctl. (but isn¹t yet)

-- pete

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>.
The only change needed for 0.15.2 was to change the references to
info[0].mCreationTime into references to info[0].mLastMod

Posted by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com>.
Yes, please post it again. :) Lack of trash and directory protection
shouldn't be an issue for my needs.

Posted by Pete Wyckoff <pw...@facebook.com>.
I can post it again, but it doesn¹t include ioctl commands so the trash
feature cannot be configured. I can still create a flag and default it to
false. And also the directory protection isn¹t configurable so I can set a

Posted by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com>.
Great! Where can I get it? :)

Posted by Pete Wyckoff <pw...@facebook.com>.

Posted by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com>.

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alban Chevignard <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Christophe Taton <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johannes Zillmann <jz...@101tec.com>.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
101tec GmbH

Halle (Saale), Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
http://www.101tec.com

Re: hadoop file system browser

Posted by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I meant like a gui. I found out this is possible tru the web interface
however.
thanks.

Posted by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>.
hadoop dfs -ls DIR