Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/14 22:07:36 UTC

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> wrote:

> See :  https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=36588#36588

Could we have the log messages at LogLevel trace1?

Regards,
Yann.

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> wrote:
> Ok, my fault.  I shall stop reporting here.
>
>  Btw.. official is 32 not announced and in the vote thread I said: When there some pop's up from the AL community, I let it know.

Bug reports are always very welcome, at any time!
Bugzilla is simply easier for tracing (relevant) discussions and
follow successive patches.
It also provides a reference for CHANGES entries...

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> wrote:
> Thinking.
>
> Because an issue can be a configuration fault and not a bug. I think
> best is post it to the user list first or dev can reply in the AL
> forum.  Bugzilla is not so suited for discussions.

Yes, technical discussions and (possible) configuration issues are not
nice/appropriate for bz.
Qualified bugs are, and we can always (usually do) continue related
technical discussions on dev@, if needed.
There remain the description of the issue, final patches and where
they are committed/backported to in bz, which is nice for those who
didn't upgrade (for instance).

So once qualified it's always worth creating a bz for the record.

> Experience learns that AL users not always willing to be directed to
> bugzilla or to lists.
>
> Yep, hard for a non coder to understand what to do to report issues
> from my own test frame work, reported to me by mail, reported in the
> forum.

It's hard to get a fix without reporting appropriately, the less time
spent by the committer, the faster the issue gets resolved.

> For years I and others report issues on the dev list, but suddenly it
> seems not be the way anymore.
>
> What is changed lately ?

Well, it sometimes works on the one or the other, the preferred way is
(and has always been AFAICT) to fill a bz and ping on dev@ if it lacks
attention...

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
Thinking.

Because an issue can be a configuration fault and not a bug. I think best is post it to the user list first or dev can reply in the AL forum.  Bugzilla is not so suited for discussions.

Experience learns that AL users not always willing to be directed to bugzilla or to lists.

Yep, hard for a non coder to understand what to do to report issues from my own test frame work, reported to me by mail, reported in the forum.

For years I and others report issues on the dev list, but suddenly it seems not be the way anymore.

What is changed lately ?

Btw.
Stefan want also issues reported in Git issues thread:  “I want to use 'Issues' for support”.

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.

Re: A hang with mod_md renew

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.