Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Tammy Martin <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 03:06:40 UTC

axutil_env_t in multi-threaded environment

Hello,

When I create a axutil_env_t , axutil_env_create_all axis2c call. Can I use
the same enviroment for multiple web service clients or do I need to create
a new environment for each new web service client that I create? Inside of
the code for axutil_env_create_all, I saw some code for thread pools...does
this mean it handles multiple threads?

Thanks for your help,
Tammy

Re: axutil_env_t in multi-threaded environment

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 18:06 -0700, Tammy Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I create a axutil_env_t , axutil_env_create_all axis2c call. Can
> I use the same enviroment for multiple web service clients or do I
> need to create a new environment for each new web service client that
> I create?

No you can use the same enviornment.

>  Inside of the code for axutil_env_create_all, I saw some code for
> thread pools...does this mean it handles multiple threads?

If you want to have multiple threads in your service or client code you
can create threads from the thread pool. Axis2/C client side is single
threaded unless you are using a separate listener or a callback.