Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com> on 2002/04/25 15:05:02 UTC

Using ACL

Hi,

I used the aclMethod on a resource to prevent it from being written :

resource.setAcl(principal, deny, privilege)
with : principal   = "all"; privilege   = "write"; deny = true.

When I get the properties on the resource, I can see such an acl property :

acl : denied to all (not protected) (not inherited), granted to /+/users/group (protected) (inherited from '/files'), granted to all (protected) (inherited from '/files'), granted to /users/guest (protected) (inherited from '/files'), granted to /users/elo (protected) (inherited from '/files'), granted to /users/root (protected) (inherited from '/files'), granted to /root (protected) (inherited from '/')

So, I don't think I called the method in a right way. It seems that the users are still allowed to write on the resource...
What must be the parameters ?

Thanx

Using ACL (erratum)

Posted by Elodie Tasia <e....@ever-team.com>.
Excuse me, I made a mistake ;o)
setAcl() is my method :

My code is :

        Ace[]     aces = new Ace[1];
        boolean   inherited, protectedAce;
        Privilege priv;
        String    inheritedFrom;

        protectedAce = false;
        inherited = false;
        inheritedFrom = "";
        aces[0] = new Ace(principal, deny, protectedAce, inherited,
inheritedFrom);

        priv = new Privilege("DAV:", privilege, "");
        aces[0].addPrivilege(priv);
        return resource.aclMethod(path, aces);

Sorry...