Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@dcgconsultancy.nl> on 2009/10/09 17:16:05 UTC

Re: T5: Autocompleter - use for multiple selections in 1 single textfield

> Em Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:58:11 -0300, Fermin Da Costa Gomez <
> dacostagomez@gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> I'v tried t:tokens="':'" and t:tokens="' '" but that does not do the
>> trick.
>>

> Try t:tokens=":". You're using Java literal character syntax in something
> that receives a literal String.

I can indeed see a different behaviour and the fact that i omitted 1 small
but significant fact.
Space would also be a separator for normal terms or k:v pairs. And for some
reason i can't see t:tokens=" :" work, or does it?

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java consultant, developer, and instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
depends on the unreasonable man.”
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Re: T5: Autocompleter - use for multiple selections in 1 single textfield

Posted by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@dcgconsultancy.nl>.
Can someone tell me if it is indeed correct that the removal of already
available data in the input field is done on the client when an autocomplete
entry is selected?
If this is correct, would there be an elegant way to 'break into' the js
code to modify this behaviour?

If however, this is not the case where can i 'capture' the old value once
the selection in made so that i don't actually lose it on commit.

Tia

Posted by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@dcgconsultancy.nl>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.