Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Marke Builder <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/21 10:18:29 UTC

Flink streaming automatic scaling (1.6.1)

Hi,

I tried to found somethink about "flink automatic scaling", is that
available and how does it work? There are any documentation or other
resources?

And especially how it works with YARN.
We are using flink1.61 with yarn , the parameters are still relevant (-yn,
-ys)?

Thanks for your support.

Re: Flink streaming automatic scaling (1.6.1)

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Flink 1.6 does not support automatic scaling.
However, there is a REST call to trigger the rescaling of a job. You need
to call it manually though.
Have a look at the */jobs/:jobid/rescaling *call in the REST docs [1].

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.6/monitoring/rest_api.html#available-requests