Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Radwen ANIBA <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/17 12:39:58 UTC

Passing parameters to Collection reader

Hi ,

I have developed an application using UIMA and in Collection reader the
InputDirectory is developped with a test folder fixed the CPE descriptor. I
would like to know how to pass this argument through a main java
application, do this mean that we have to create the CPE descriptor
programmatically and then push the argument entered as an Input directory ?

Cheers

Radwen

Re: Passing parameters to Collection reader

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Radwen ANIBA <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have developed an application using UIMA and in Collection reader the
> InputDirectory is developped with a test folder fixed the CPE descriptor. I
> would like to know how to pass this argument through a main java
> application, do this mean that we have to create the CPE descriptor
> programmatically and then push the argument entered as an Input directory ?

Using UUTUC (http://code.google.com/p/uutuc/):

CollectionReaderFactory.createCollectionReaderFromPath(
    "path/to/your/xml/descriptor.xml",
    "your-parameter-name-0", args[0],
    "your-parameter-name-0", args[1]);
It's also possible to use the CollectionReader class directly instead
of having to write the XML descriptor file.

Steve
--
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
Did Steve tell you that?

Re: Passing parameters to Collection reader

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
On 1/17/2010 12:39, Radwen ANIBA wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have developed an application using UIMA and in Collection reader the
> InputDirectory is developped with a test folder fixed the CPE descriptor. I
> would like to know how to pass this argument through a main java
> application, do this mean that we have to create the CPE descriptor
> programmatically and then push the argument entered as an Input directory ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Radwen

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.application.setting_configuration_parameters

--Thilo