Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by paul <pa...@subsignal.org> on 2007/04/06 14:21:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: server cert CN not match server name

Jana Nguyen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to connect to connect to application via apache using https
> on my local machine-> https://localhost/ra
>
> But I get the following error below, and not sure where this RSA
> server cert comes from since I've never generated a rsa server cert:
>
> [Wed Apr 04 19:51:09 2007] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName
> (CN) `localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?
> [Wed Apr 04 19:51:19 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script not found
> or unable to stat: /var/www/cgi-bin/ra
If my crystal ball serves me right you have configured a http virtual
host below, not https. The https configuration seems unchanged and uses
the default certificate installed by mod_ssl and the default
DocumentRoot /var/www/. You're probably missing something like:

<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName localhost
  ...more stuff...
</VirtualHost>

To make the warning about the CN mismatch go away either change your
hostname to resolve to localhost.localdomain OR generate a new
certificate for the server wich matches your hostname.

cheers
 Paul