Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by julie gautier <ju...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/02/27 16:36:36 UTC

Different log files for different web applications under Tomcat

Hi all,
  I use Tomcat to deploy two web applications. Actually, all the traces are written to a single file (stdout.log) under the Tomcat log directory. How can I do to write the traces to different log files : app1.out and app2.out for instance.
  Could you please send me an example ?
  Thanks to help me.

---------------------------------
 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.

Re: Different log files for different web applications under Tomcat

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.
The short log4j tutorial on the log4j website (
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html ) should give you a quick
primer on configuring log4j for a specific log file.

On the issue at hand, having a copy of log4j in each tomcat context insures
that there are two independent stances of log4j, one in each context. You
just need to create a configuration file for each as if it was a standalone
app, and don't worry about the other.

Posted by julie gautier <ju...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.