Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Viens, Steve" <St...@FMR.COM> on 2004/03/08 16:24:18 UTC

PROPOSAL: Refactor jUDDI CVS (reposted)

jUDDI Committers

I week or so ago I posted a proposal to modify the existing CVS structure
for the jUDDI project.  I didn't get many responses so I'm reposting ... I'd
like to make a modification to the original proposal and if there's enough
support - put it up for a vote.  The original proposal can be found here:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=juddi-dev&m=107791344702024&w=2

Basically I'd like to move most of the current artifacts within CVS from the
"ws-juddi" directory into a subdirectory of ws-juddi named simply "java"
(similar to the way other ws projects are organized).

I'd then like to create some of the directories that are commonly found in
other Apache projects.  This would give us a little space to keep things
that are related to the project but do not yet belong or fit well in the
jUDDI source tree.

In the end I'd like the structure look something like this:

  ws-juddi/addons
  ws-juddi/java
  ws-juddi/proposals
  ws-juddi/site

Directory Descriptions:

  /ws-juddi/addons
  To contain jUDDI related sub-projects like an
  Eclipse plug-in or perhaps a jUDDI based JAXR
  implementation.

  /ws-juddi/java
  To contain all of the existing artifacts *except*
  the 'site' directory.

  /ws-juddi/proposals
  Any project-related proposals (hey, this is one!).

  /ws-juddi/site
  The jUDDI web site source and build files.

If there's enough interest I'll put it up for a vote

Thanks.

Steve
sviens@apache.org