Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Dave Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2002/11/20 18:38:23 UTC

how to enable logging?

Now that the org.apache.commons.Log is pervasive in the cvs code, how do I
enable specific segments of logging?  For example, in core/Database.java,
there are these lines:

	private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog("org.apache.xindice.core");
      if (log.isInfoEnabled()) {
         log.info("Database points to " + dbrootDir.getAbsolutePath());
      }

When I startup tomcat, I don't see these messages either in the stdout, or
in the [Tomcat home]/logs/*.  So what configuration do I change in order to
enable the Info statements? and where will they be output?

thanks
dave