Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Munna Dee <mu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/18 10:11:22 UTC

Apache HTTP Server - Tomcat and PHP

 Hi all,

   I have one question regarding running Apache HTTP Server to run/serve
Servlets as well as PHP content. I have installed the following:

  1. Apache 2.2.4 (Win32) HTTP Server
  2. Apache-Tomcat 6.0.13 Servlet container and
  3. PHP 5.2.3

  I have configured Apache HTTP Server to load PHP module and now I need to
connect Apache HTTP Server and Tomcat together to also serve servlet
requests in same system/server. I have gone through 'mod_jk' solution for
this. But, I was wondering are there any other ways to do this -> Working
Apache HTTP Server with PHP along with Tomcat.

 Is it that I can run Apache HTTP Server on same(i.e on its own) port and
run Tomcat on different port to get it done? Can anybody please tell your
expert opinions on this? Thanks!

Re: Apache HTTP Server - Tomcat and PHP

Posted by Joe Nathan <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Munna Dee wrote:

>  Is it that I can run Apache HTTP Server on same(i.e on its own) port and
> run Tomcat on different port to get it done? Can anybody please tell your
> expert opinions on this? Thanks!

Yes! Everyone is doing it.

Re: Apache HTTP Server - Tomcat and PHP

Posted by Brian Millett <bm...@gmail.com>.
Munna Dee escribĂ­o:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have one question regarding running Apache HTTP Server to run/serve
> Servlets as well as PHP content. I have installed the following:
>
>  1. Apache 2.2.4 (Win32) HTTP Server
>  2. Apache-Tomcat 6.0.13 Servlet container and
>  3. PHP 5.2.3
>
>  I have configured Apache HTTP Server to load PHP module and now I need to
> connect Apache HTTP Server and Tomcat together to also serve servlet
> requests in same system/server. I have gone through 'mod_jk' solution for
> this. But, I was wondering are there any other ways to do this -> Working
> Apache HTTP Server with PHP along with Tomcat.
>
> Is it that I can run Apache HTTP Server on same(i.e on its own) port and
> run Tomcat on different port to get it done? Can anybody please tell your
> expert opinions on this? Thanks!

Running 3 instances of tomcat with http connectors on ports 8080 8081 8082

###################
# Cluster vhost   #
###################
# 192.168.89.1

LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so

Listen 192.168.89.1:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.89.1:80>
        ServerAdmin bmillett@gmail.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        ServerName froto
        ErrorLog logs/cluster-error_log
        TransferLog logs/cluster-access_log
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyErrorOverride On

        ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster/
        ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/ stickysession=jsessionid nofailover=Off

      <Proxy balancer://cluster/>
           Order deny,allow
           Allow from all
           BalancerMember http://gollum:8080 loadfactor=50 route=tomcat-c1
           BalancerMember http://gollum:8081 loadfactor=50 route=tomcat-c2
           BalancerMember http://gollum:8082 loadfactor=50 route=tomcat-c3
      </Proxy>

      <Location /balancer-manager>
         SetHandler balancer-manager
         Order Deny,Allow
         Deny from all
         Allow from localhost
      </Location>

</VirtualHost>

--
Brian Millett - [ Londo and Sheridan, "Soul Mates"]
"Ah, my good Captain Sheridan, all settled in?"