Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hajo Locke <Ha...@gmx.de> on 2015/06/30 09:07:33 UTC

[users@httpd] spdy/http/2 and mod_php

Hello,

iam planning to upgrade my apache2.2 to 2.4.,  i have 2 questions before
where i need your help.

former SPDY Implementation conflicts with non-threadsafe Moduls like
mod_php. To use SPDY it is necessary to use worker-mpm and php-cgi.
Now HTTP/2 is new standard and i would like to know if HTTP/2
Implementation has same conflicts with non-threadsafe Moduls like
mod_php. As far as i know HTTP/2 is based on SPDY.

I have some non-standard Modules compiled and packaged for Apache2.2. Is
it possible to use these Moduls again on Apache2.4 or is it necessary to
compile all new for new Apacheversion?

Thanks,
Hajo