Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2011/03/04 16:47:52 UTC

Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

What's the best way to turn down logging in MyFaces 2.0.4. There's a lot of
warning messages that don't seem relevant.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Yes, I am. I'm guessing it's coming from jdk logging since MyFaces recently
switched to it and it's the only logging framework I don't have. (Thanks to
all the frameworks, I have commons-logging, slf4j and log4j).

I'm fine with simply adding a properties file to configure logging for
MyFaces b/c adding another bridge looks like it might slow things down
considerably.

http://www.slf4j.org/api/org/slf4j/bridge/SLF4JBridgeHandler.html

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Matt,

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
If I add the following:

Re: Turn down logging in 2.0.4?

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Configure your logger to remove messages from org.apache.myfaces.* packages.

E.g. for log4j: log4j.logger.org.apache.myfaces=OFF

Regards,
Jakob

2011/3/4 mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>:

> What's the best way to turn down logging in MyFaces 2.0.4. There's a lot of
> warning messages that don't seem relevant.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com