Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/01/26 16:29:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r902716 [1/2] - in /ofbiz/trunk: framework/images/webapp/images/rate/ specialpurpose/ebay/ specialpurpose/ebay/config/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/ specialpurpose/ebay/data/helpdata/ specialpurpose/ebay/servicedef/ specialpurpose/ebay/src/org/

I can't disagree. It's good to see more things in OFBiz, having them in a better state should certainly be researched. I'm confident
in Hans to tackle this with time, we have already seen clear progresses.
But please Hans, even if it's the same work for review, break these big patches in smaller pieces. If we need to revert something it
will be much easier, thanks.

My 2cts

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Not trying to - but sorry for the tone if it came across that way Hans.  I'm simply asking why it gets past the committer's desk as
"I'm trying to get my people to provide smaller pieces" is an ok way of committing code.  Isn't that the responsibility of the
committer to tell the person that's providing the code to go back to the drawing board and break it up?  Isn't that our job as
committers?  And as the rest of the committers, isn't it our job to remind the offending committer to spend more time with the
person who's providing the code so that we don't have to dig thru this much mess?

It's not always easy for any of us, but I just don't see this from other people, so I wanted to remind Hans.  If all the other
committers think this is ok (which obviously they didn't since Adam brought it up), then I'll happily back off.  Since that's not
the case - and this obviously doesn't follow the best practices of the project - please let me know how I should encourage Hans to
do what is clearly in our best practices.

What should be done is that this mess of a commit should be reverted and put back in in pieces - you have to start somewhere and
sometimes it's just not good enough when you have an entire community to just say you're trying hard.  My two cents.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert