Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ryan Winkler <Ry...@i-link.net> on 2001/10/23 18:02:43 UTC

Slowing down

I've encountered a curious problem with our SOAP server.  After a period of
time (a matter of days), the amount of time it takes for our JSPs that use
the SOAP calls to display in a browser has gone from a few seconds to over
half a minute.  Other, non-SOAP JSPs on the same server (different Tomcat
workers) have no performance loss.  Restarting the Tomcat worker returns the
display times for the JSPs using SOAP to a few seconds.  Any
ideas/suggestions?

-Ryan

Re: Slowing down

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Ryan Winkler wrote:

> I've encountered a curious problem with our SOAP server.  After a period of
> time (a matter of days), the amount of time it takes for our JSPs that use
> the SOAP calls to display in a browser has gone from a few seconds to over
> half a minute.  Other, non-SOAP JSPs on the same server (different Tomcat
> workers) have no performance loss.  Restarting the Tomcat worker returns the
> display times for the JSPs using SOAP to a few seconds.  Any
> ideas/suggestions?

that is very interesting - was there any difference in memory or cpu usage between old and newly
retsrted process? you may also try different JDK versions and different OS...

alek

Re: Slowing down

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.