Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org> on 2003/05/08 22:07:56 UTC

Fw: [xml-op members]Jemos Mailing Server

I received this message right now. What does it mean?

Marco

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I received this message right now. What does it mean?

> xml-op-members@lists.sourceforge.net
> Remote mail server told me: 550 "Invalid domain or IP given in HELO/EHLO"

It means that the mail server handling the lists.sourceforge.net domain
didn't like something related to your HELO/EHLO command.  Interestingly, I
can telnet to it:

 220 panoramix.vasoftware.com ESMTP Exim 4.05-VA-mm1 #1 Thu, 08 May 2003
14:05:09-0700 - mm1
 EHLO jemos.org
 250-panoramix.vasoftware.com Hello abcxxx-xxx-xxx.sc.rr.com
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
 250-SIZE 10485760
 250-EXPN
 250-PIPELINING
 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
 250 HELP
 quit
 221 panoramix.vasoftware.com closing connection

 Connection to host lost.

	--- Noel