Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org> on 2002/05/19 02:36:59 UTC

Does Apache->request work?

Ok, my previous problem has been solved.

Note to others, some of the beta versions of ExtUtils::MakeMaker may not
work with modperl-2.0.  However, the very latest, 5.95_01, seems fine.

So now that I'm not segfaulting any more, the problem I'm having is with
the "Apache->request" method, which seems to always return undef, even
during a request.

This breaks CGI.pm, which relies on this method, as well as Mason.

I tried a simple handler that just used this method with and without
Apache::compat loaded.  Explicitly loading Apache::RequestUtil didn't seem
to help either.

I'm happy to be a test subject ;)

-dave

/*==================
www.urth.org
we await the New Sun

Re: Does Apache->request work?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> So now that I'm not segfaulting any more, the problem I'm having is with
> the "Apache->request" method, which seems to always return undef, even
> during a request.

for any location that uses Apache->request, you need to configure:

<Location ...>
    PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
</Location>