Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/05/08 18:40:14 UTC

Towards Apache Beam 0.1-incubating

Hi beamers,

as discussed previously, we are planning first 0.1-incubating release
next week.

I started to review the repo, and I will push some changes in
preparation for the release (especially the NOTICE file, some checkstyle
fixes, etc).

If you have some pending PRs that you want to include in this first
release, please let me know.

It's totally possible to postpone the release to the week after if
required: no pressure ;)

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Towards Apache Beam 0.1-incubating

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Davor,

As you said during last meeting, you already started something. I
propose to help you on this next week at ApacheCon.

Regards
JB

On 05/08/2016 09:55 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofr� wrote:
> Hi Davor,
>
> what I propose is first to create a Release Guide document as we have
> for other Apache project. It's basically a checklist and release procedure.
> I created the one for ServiceMix
> (https://servicemix.apache.org/developers/release-guide.html), Camel
> (http://camel.apache.org/release-guide.html), and other Apache projects.
>
> For now, I will describe a "manual" release but we will be able to
> update with "automatic" process.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 05/08/2016 08:56 PM, Davor Bonaci wrote:
>> Yes -- this first release is coming!
>>
>> As we discussed on the virtual meeting last week, we'd like to build the
>> repeatable and auditable release process for everyone. Along with testing
>> infrastructure, this should result in our ability to release quickly,
>> reliably, and frequently. This is currently underway; hopefully we can
>> have
>> a very basic version before the first release, which we can then improve
>> over time.
>>
>> Additionally, we were discussing a "release checklist"-type of
>> approach on
>> a per-module basis. Again, something that would benefit us early on.
>>
>> Thus, quite a few things to do over the next week or so. More information
>> coming next week!
>>
>> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofr� <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi beamers,
>>>
>>> as discussed previously, we are planning first 0.1-incubating release
>>> next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> I started to review the repo, and I will push some changes in
>>> preparation
>>> for the release (especially the NOTICE file, some checkstyle fixes,
>>> etc).
>>>
>>> If you have some pending PRs that you want to include in this first
>>> release, please let me know.
>>>
>>> It's totally possible to postpone the release to the week after if
>>> required: no pressure ;)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.