Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/08/04 11:22:16 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] more clarification on Java -- changes to

On 17/07/2012 Larry Gusaas wrote:
> On 2012-07-17 1:15 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> I agree in general to you and thanks for summarizing this topic. I have
>> only one point to add, why should we mention potential problems that we
>> can't reproduce? In this case I would not mention it, it would be
>> different if we couldn't fix the problem. But we simply can't
>> reproduce it.
> Check how many times this problem has been reported on the users forum.
> The collective wisdom of all the people giving support for windows is to
> use Java 1.6 32 bit. I don't use Windows but I recall that many of the
> reported problems were on new installations of OpenOffice.

In the meantime, I've seen it reported often enough to think it would be
useful to include an entry in the "Known Issues" and I modified the draft at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Release+Notes
accordingly. It includes a link to the forums recently sent by Rory to
this list.

Regards,
   Andrea.