Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Goodrich <ld...@tls.net> on 2004/11/18 22:58:00 UTC

Spamd cpu issues.

I've been watching these messages concerning high memory and cpu usage
in spamd. In fact it caused me to wait until 3.01. But I have upgraded,
running now for several days. Spamd is quite well behaved, not catching
as much as 2.64 was, but I am still tuning.

I don't know if it matters but I'll throw this out anyway, maybe it will
help someone. I don't run bayes, I don't run autowhitelist, I don't run
pyzor/dcc/razor. I have never seen these issues of high memory/cpu
useage. I amd handling 700/1300 messages per hour ( we are an ISP,
traffic levels change daily 8^), 60% of which is spam this afternoon.

This is done with three machines using spamc to connect to a master
server running spamd with user prefs stored in MySQL. spamd is running
with the following startup under daemontools,

#!/sbin/sh

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -a 128000000 \
         /usr/local/bin/spamd -i 10.0.240.253 -p 1783 -A 10.0.240.0/24 \
         -m 10 --max-conn-per-child=200 -u vpopmail -x -q -s stderr 2>&1

DAve

--
Systems Administrator
http://www.tls.net