Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com> on 2016/01/21 22:50:31 UTC

Nifi UI - Readonly

Hi – I would like to secure the nifi ui to readonly mode. Nifi documentation has some steps to enable authentication options using ldap, kerberos etc. Before going into authentication setup, do nifi has any config in nifi.properties to enable UI in readonly mode ?

Api and UI has same default port (8080), can I change api port to some custom port ?

Thanks,
-Chakri
________________________________
The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
________________________________

Re: Nifi UI - Readonly

Posted by Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com>.
Thanks Matt

From: Matt Gilman
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>"
Subject: Re: Nifi UI - Readonly

Without introducing user authentication/authorization the UI is editable by anyone. To secure your NiFi check out the admin [1] [2] [3] and user [4] guide.

Matt

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#security-configuration
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#user-authentication
[3] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#controlling-levels-of-access
[4] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#logging-in

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com>> wrote:
Joe - To setup roles and users, I should have organization setup using LDAP or some other authentication providers.
Before going there, any means of deploying nifi with read-only UI access as default ?

Thanks,
-Chakri

Re: Nifi UI - Readonly

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.