Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by whodarewin2006 <wh...@126.com> on 2015/08/03 16:53:49 UTC

Re:Re: Question for return size of PageFilter

hi,Ted
    I thank we can control the return size on the hbase client side,cause the client will scan regionserver one by one,if we get enough records,we can stop scan and return the records,is this OK?

Re: Re: Re: Question for return size of PageFilter

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Generally speaking, Filters are applied on server side.
Controlling the return size on the client side would reduce the efficacy of
Filters.

Cheers

Posted by whodarewin2006 <wh...@126.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.