Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org> on 2011/08/22 23:10:24 UTC

What would you like to see in a FAQ?

Hi,

Given all the confusion around the naming scheme, the patching policy
and other questions we have seen on this mailing list, I am planning on
starting a faq for BigTop.
I am also curious to see what would be the questions you would like to
see in a faq or would like to see answered in a faq.

So far, here is a list of questions I have:
* What is BigTop?
* Does BigTop patches source releases?
* How to add a component to BigTop?
* How to learn more about packaging?
* What is the packaging policy for distribution X?
* How to test packages?
* How to create a repository for distribution X?

I may not answer them right away (so feel free to contribute answers),
but I will start a fml file for our site (I am also open to put them on
the wiki).

Thanks,
Bruno

Re: What would you like to see in a FAQ?

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
On 08/22/2011 02:10 PM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given all the confusion around the naming scheme, the patching policy
> and other questions we have seen on this mailing list, I am planning on
> starting a faq for BigTop.
> I am also curious to see what would be the questions you would like to
> see in a faq or would like to see answered in a faq.
>
> So far, here is a list of questions I have:
> * What is BigTop?
> * Does BigTop patches source releases?
> * How to add a component to BigTop?
> * How to learn more about packaging?
> * What is the packaging policy for distribution X?
> * How to test packages?
> * How to create a repository for distribution X?
>

> I may not answer them right away (so feel free to contribute answers),
> but I will start a fml file for our site (I am also open to put them on
> the wiki).
>

> Thanks,
> Bruno

See: