Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Markus KARG <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/02/20 17:49:07 UTC

[Newbie Question] Is QPID using AMQP between client and server?

Is QPID using AMQP between its client and server?

Does that man that a QPID client can talk to any AMQP server, and any AMQP
client can talk to a QPID server?

Thanks

Markus

Re: [Newbie Question] Is QPID using AMQP between client and server?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
In-line

Markus KARG wrote:
> Is QPID using AMQP between its client and server?

yes.

> Does that man that a QPID client can talk to any AMQP server, and any AMQP
> client can talk to a QPID server?

Depends on what version of AMQP. Client   & brokers need to support the
same AMQP version to be able
to talk.

Here is a page of details from the Qpid project

http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
http://qpid.apache.org/amqp-compatibility.html

bith have matrix's of what we support.  Qpid has the broadest version
support I know of.

Basically, C++ broker and all clients speak the latest published version
of AMQP 0-10
Java broker and a good set of clients speak AMQP 0-8/0-9

The Java broker should hopefully be able to speak AMQP 0-10 also by the
1 or 2 releases

regards
Carl.

Posted by William Henry <wh...@redhat.com>.
Hi Markus,

Yes. I'm not sure how much interoperability testing has been done to date but the idea is that it is AMQP everywhere! :)

So the producer posts messages using AMQP to an exchange on the broker and the message is transfered to the consumer(s) using AMQP. All messages on the wire are using AMQP and therefore any implementation ought to interop.

Best,
William