Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Harper, Brad" <br...@epsiia.com> on 2008/12/12 19:05:44 UTC

JDepend Reporting Plugin in a Multi-Module Project

Does anyone have experience running the JDepend reporting plugin in a
multi-module project?

We've been able to successfully run the subject plugin [via site:site]
in individual projects with <packaging> types of jar and war, but when
performing

   mvn jdepend:generate

in the top-level project [which contains no source of its own], the
plugin fails with

   [INFO] [jdepend:generate]
   Directory does not exist: c:\workspace\dev\target\classes

Ultimately, the goal is to run 'site:site' for the top-level project
[which would run JDepend and other reporting plugins], followed by
'dashboard:dashboard'.

BTW, there isn't any configuration info
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jdepend-maven-plugin/.

Thanks.

Brad

RE: JDepend Reporting Plugin in a Multi-Module Project

Posted by "Harper, Brad" <br...@epsiia.com>.
But this issue isn't a problem with the dashboard plugin, or even a
question as to whether the JDepend reports can be rolled up
meaningfully. I was describing the expected final use case. Maybe
summarizing data doesn't make sense for JDepend. Hopefully the dashboard
plugin will [some day?] be able to know this and simply not summarize
its reports.

But in this case, JDepend fails when being run recursively from a
top-level parent project. Wouldn't it be more correct to ignore 'pom'
packaging projects and let reporting for any sub-projects proceed?

As it stands, I'm performing 'mvn site:site' for all of the many
individual sub-projects [where it does make sense to run JDepend].

Brad

Posted by dvicente <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,