Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Aniket Schneider <an...@alum.mit.edu> on 2016/04/06 22:38:05 UTC

Trident spout metadata on 0.9.1 -> 0.10.0 upgrade

I'm working on upgrading our storm cluster from 0.9.1-incubating to 0.10.0,
and I noticed that trident spout metadata is stored in the /transactional
path in zookeeper, which did not exist for our 0.9.1 cluster.  I am
wondering whether this means that topologies will not be able to retrieve
spout metadata stored by the previous version of storm, meaning we will
lose our kafka offsets, for example.

Thanks for any information you can offer about navigating this upgrade
safely.