Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/11/02 10:13:16 UTC

Release RAT 0.8?

Hi all,

trunk holds some significant improvements in particular WRT support for
more file formats when adding licenses, improved CLI handling and
matchers for custom licenses both in the Maven plugin and the Ant tasks.

I know I'll curse myself for this but I'm willing to give the Maven
release plugin another try and volunteer to act as release manager.

Any objections?  Anything that would hold up cutting the release from
trunk as it is?

Stefan

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-02, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Let me know, if any of these issues must be solved WRT a release, if
> required.

I don't think I'm the best person to evaluate that but I don't see any
blockers.

Stefan

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)

https://linuxcounter.net/user/221257.html

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 06/11/11 14:02, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-11-04, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> I'm working on the trademark side ATM (and have been for the last
>> couple of months) but it's slow going. The revised approach to
>> branding and marks is likely to cause issues for "Apache Rat" TLP :-/
>
> I don't see why RAT should be treated differently from the other
> podlings that went to TLP status.

The Incubator isn't very clueful with trademarks ATM but Apache is now
under serious pressure to catch up very fast and is changing fast...

> Nor do I see why "Apache RAT" would
> cause more trademark issues than any other TLP we have.  What is the
> problem you expect?

"Apache Rat" was accepted as a name even though "Rat" is already very
widely used in software. I'm reasonably sure that "Rat" will fail the
new check. No need to rename the rat as a product but may need to select
an alternative TOP name and then run it through the process. Not a big
issue but likely to take a few weeks to resolve :-/

Robert

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-04, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> I'm working on the trademark side ATM (and have been for the last
> couple of months) but it's slow going. The revised approach to
> branding and marks is likely to cause issues for "Apache Rat" TLP :-/

I don't see why RAT should be treated differently from the other
podlings that went to TLP status.  Nor do I see why "Apache RAT" would
cause more trademark issues than any other TLP we have.  What is the
problem you expect?

> On 02/11/11 14:26, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> There is no pressing need for me personally as I don't have any trouble
>> using trunk.  It's more like the impression that trunk contains enough
>> new code to get it out into the hands of others.

> I think it'd be best to cut this release now

OK, I'll give it a try.

Stefan

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Re: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

RE: Release RAT 0.8?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Personally, no objections.

However, I think we could do a vote to go TLP and if passed present to the
board
so we can get out of here this month. The 0.8 can be the first release as
TLP, but it
means waiting a month, not sure how urgent it is that you release.

Gav...