Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ricardo <ri...@ageto.de> on 2006/03/13 10:44:39 UTC

Some questions for usage

Hi,

since the last time i've tested the FTP-Server. I think it's a useful
tool. Now I wanne use it in production use for one of our projects.
For information, I use the DB-User Manager shipped within. The users are
created in background process by weblogin using TJDO. For DB middleware
i've choosen c-jdbc (http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/) and it seems to be a
good idea (minimize single point of failure if the users are stored in
the db, nobyody could login if db-server is down).
So finally I've got some generally questions for usage:

- Does anybody use it in buisness/ production?
   (How many users? How many traffic? What hardware is needed?)
- Are there any limitations you found out by yourself?
   (Critical points/ situations/ errors occured?!)
- Does anybody got problems in setting up and using SSL?
   (What clients you've tested with SSL?)

Thanks a lot,
kind regards

Ricardo

Re: Some questions for usage

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ricardo,

    From different mails it seems that the server has
been used in production system but I cannot give any
concrete pointers. We have tested the server in
Windows 2000/XP and Linux.

  As of now I am not aware of any major limitation.
But we have few action items in our mind like better
user manager and file system view etc.

  We have tested the SSL connection using CoreFTP,
SmartFTP, Filezilla and SecureFTP.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

http://mail.yahoo.com