Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com> on 2007/06/26 14:03:40 UTC

How to make tabs in JSP

Hi,
I want to code a JSP page with tabs . Does struts support an easy way of
doing the same.
Any link to the related resource would be helpful ...I have searched on
Struts-Layout ...any other option ?

Thanks
Kavita

*****************************************************DISCLAIMER*****************************************************

This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential, proprietary to HUGHES SYSTIQUE and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the entity it is
addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, it is strictly prohibited to read, forward,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I think you can do that with CSS with overflow:auto, litke this
http://www.domedia.org/oveklykken/css-div-scroll.php

Before configuring CSS, you must underst and generated
HTML by JSPTabControl
http://jsptabcontrol.sourceforge.net/developer-guide.html
to know the CSS to updating to add overflow

Regards Angelo

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by WongTseng <wa...@gmail.com>.
hi
you are welcome. it's every body's right. But it seems your right to think
other people are making noise of dor like an insect.

--
Wong Tseng
王曾

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi
> [...]

> > JSP page. Please help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kavita
> >

> --
> Wong Tseng
> 王曾
>

> *****************************************************DISCLAIMER*****************************************************
>
> This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential,
> proprietary to HUGHES SYSTIQUE and its customers.
> Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information
> is solely intended for the entity it is
> addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, it is
> strictly prohibited to read, forward,
> print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you
> have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

Re: Struts 2.0 form bean

Posted by Ma...@virginmoney.com.
Thanks David it worked...

             Dave Newton
             <newton.dave@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
                                       Struts Users Mailing List
             29/06/2007 14:51          <us...@struts.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

               "Struts Users           Re: Struts 2.0 form bean
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

--- Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com wrote:
> In the action class i defined a attribute called
>
>     public PersonalDetailForm getForm() {
>         return form;
>     }
>
>     public void setForm(PersonalDetailForm form) {
>         this.form = form;
>     }
>
>     PersonalDetailForm form;
>

> and the jsp looks like
> <s:form action="doPersonal" method="POST"
> name="form">
>     <s:actionerror />
>     <s:fielderror />
>     <s:textfield name="name" label="Name" />  <br/>
>     <s:textfield name="dob" label="Date of birth" />

How would S2 know what "name" belonged to if you
didn't say "form.name" ?

Personally I think you're going about the problem the
wrong way; I'd think less in terms of S1.

d.

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money
email scanning system powered by Messagelabs.

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this message. Virgin Money do not accept responsibility for changes made to any e-mail after sending. Virgin Money have swept, and believe this e-mail to be free of viruses and profanity but make no guarantees to this effect.

Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England no. 3072766. Entered on the Financial Services Authority's Register http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/. Register Number 179271. The Virgin Deposit Account is a personal bank account with The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England no. 3000482. Entered on the Financial Services Authority's Register. Register Number 171748.

Virgin Money Ltd. Registered in England no. 4232392. Introducer appointed representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd.

Virgin Money Management Services Ltd. Registered in England no.3072772.

Virgin Money Group Ltd. Registered in England no.3087587.

All the above companies have their Registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ.

All products are open only to residents of the United Kingdom.

This message has been checked for viruses and spam by the Virgin Money email scanning system powered by Messagelabs.

Re: Struts 2.0 form bean

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com wrote:
> In the action class i defined a attribute called
>
>     public PersonalDetailForm getForm() {
>         return form;
>     }
>
>     public void setForm(PersonalDetailForm form) {
>         this.form = form;
>     }
>
>     PersonalDetailForm form;
>

> and the jsp looks like
> <s:form action="doPersonal" method="POST"
> name="form">
>     <s:actionerror />
>     <s:fielderror />
>     <s:textfield name="name" label="Name" />  <br/>
>     <s:textfield name="dob" label="Date of birth" />

How would S2 know what "name" belonged to if you
didn't say "form.name" ?

Personally I think you're going about the problem the
wrong way; I'd think less in terms of S1.

d.

Re: Struts 2.0 form bean

Posted by Ma...@virginmoney.com.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried defining a java bean  as below

public class PersonalDetailForm implements Serializable {

    String name;
    String dob;
    String city;

    public PersonalDetailForm() {}

// also defined all the getter setter methods....
}

In the action class i defined a attribute called

    public PersonalDetailForm getForm() {
        return form;
    }

    public void setForm(PersonalDetailForm form) {
        this.form = form;
    }

    PersonalDetailForm form;

and the jsp looks like
<s:form action="doPersonal" method="POST" name="form">
    <s:actionerror />
    <s:fielderror />
    <s:textfield name="name" label="Name" />  <br/>
    <s:textfield name="dob" label="Date of birth" /> <br/>
    <s:textfield name="city" label="city" />  <br/>
    <s:submit value="Next" align="center"/>
</s:form>

in the action class when i do a form.getCity() it throws a
NUllPointerException....
i think the form is not initialised on the form submission... unlike struts
1.x we cannot confire the bean class in the struts-config.xml....

Can you please help?

Manoj.

             Dave Newton
             <newton.dave@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
                                       Struts Users Mailing List
             29/06/2007 13:53          <us...@struts.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

               "Struts Users           Re: Struts 2.0 form bean
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

--- Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com wrote:
> is there any way of defining this fields attribute
> in two separate bean classes and configure with the
> appropriate action?

Use regular JavaBeans and use the appropriate bean in
the JSP form and configure validation for each
bean/method combination.

That's a really, really long signature.

Re: Struts 2.0 form bean

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Manoj.Gupta@virginmoney.com wrote:
> is there any way of defining this fields attribute
> in two separate bean classes and configure with the
> appropriate action?

Use regular JavaBeans and use the appropriate bean in
the JSP form and configure validation for each
bean/method combination.

That's a really, really long signature.

> This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the
> recipient. If you receive a copy in error, please
> inform the sender and then delete this message.
> Virgin Money do not accept responsibility for
> changes made to any e-mail after sending. Virgin
> Money have swept, and believe this e-mail to be free
> of viruses and profanity but make no guarantees to
> this effect.
>
> Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd is
> authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
> Authority. Registered in England no. 3072766.
> Entered on the Financial Services Authority's
> Register http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/. Register
> Number 179271. The Virgin Deposit Account is a
> personal bank account with The Royal Bank of
> Scotland.
>
> Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Ltd is authorised
> and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
> Registered in England no. 3000482. Entered on the
> Financial Services Authority's Register. Register
> Number 171748.
>
> Virgin Money Ltd. Registered in England no. 4232392.
> Introducer appointed representative only of Virgin
> Money Personal Financial Service Ltd.
>
> Virgin Money Management Services Ltd. Registered in
> England no.3072772.
>
> Virgin Money Group Ltd. Registered in England
> no.3087587.
>
> All the above companies have their Registered office
> at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ.
>
> All products are open only to residents of the
> United Kingdom.
>
> This message has been checked for viruses and spam
> by the Virgin Money email scanning system powered by
> Messagelabs.

d.

Re: Struts 2.0 form bean

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Before anything try model driven interface if you are
not doing any portlet developments.

Thanks,

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com>.

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by WongTseng <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
Wong Tseng
王曾

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com>.
Hi Angelo,
thanks for your help . I am using the JSPTagControl in my JSP as:

 <jsptabcontrol:tabControl name="PERSONNE_TABCONTROL"
                              width="800px"
                              height="100%">
      <jsptabcontrol:tabPage name="IDENTITY_TABPAGE"
                             title="BSSMAP Stats"
                             width="100px" >
           BSSMAP Stats ...follows...
      </jsptabcontrol:tabPage>
      <jsptabcontrol:tabPage name="ADRESS_TABPAGE"
                             title="Call Control Stats"
                             href="/status.do" >
      </jsptabcontrol:tabPage>

    </jsptabcontrol:tabControl>

My problem is that when I click the second tab, the page corresponding to
/status.do  is displayed as a full page JSP and not as a part of tabbed
JSP page. Please help.

Regards,
Kavita

"Angelo zerr" <an...@gmail.com>
06/27/2007 01:22 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Hello,
if you have questions about JSPTabControl don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards Angelo

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Yoge <yo...@gmail.com>.

--
--Yoge
91-9840425388

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com>.
I'm using Struts 1.2 ...

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Adrian Ost <ad...@mindmatics.de>.

Re: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

RE: How to make tabs in JSP

Posted by "nagesh.kumar" <na...@interglobetechnologies.com>.
In struts layout u have lots options <layout:tabs

U can try this

I want to code a JSP page with tabs . Does struts support an easy way of
doing the same.
Any link to the related resource would be helpful ...I have searched on
Struts-Layout ...any other option ?

Thanks
Kavita

This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential,
proprietary to HUGHES SYSTIQUE and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is
solely intended for the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, it is strictly prohibited to read,
forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
immediately and delete the message.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. InterGlobe accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.