Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 20:00:27 UTC

total vcores per node containers in yarn

In Yarn there is a setting to specify no of vcores that can be allocated to
containers.

yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores

In my cluster's nodes yarn-site.xml, this property is not specified. But
total vcores displayed on RM's web page for the nodes are different than
the default(8). Is there any other place to control this number ?

Re: total vcores per node containers in yarn

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
That doesn't sound right, if you are indeed making use of the new feature.
First off, this is not the default behaviour in the actual Apache Hadoop
2.5.0 release. Are you using a different distribution based on that release
instead? Secondly, if it were using the auto-calculate feature, it'd only
count primary cores as vcores by default.

Are you certain you've looked at the right yarn-site.xml that pertains to
the NodeManager, and not a client-purpose file which may simply lack the
config mentioned in it?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.